In an earlier post (Jan. 18/07) I mentioned that BrainShare would be the first true test of the agreement - Would a Microsoft executive speak? Answer = yes! Craig Mundie from Microsoft was on-stage with Novell's CTO for a fireside chat.
Novell basically demoed the software I mentioned in yesterday's post called Novell Domain Services for Windows. Some of the key things shown during the demo included:
- Creating a user via the ADUC MMC but the user created is actually added to eDirectory
- Modified the added user via iManager and refreshed the MMC to see the change appear
- Set up a two-way trust between two companies (acme.com and widget.com)
- Enabled sharing a folder in one company for a specific user in the other company
- From the other company logged in as that user and accessed that resource