Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome Joel Oleson - prominent SharePoint blogger!

I am thrilled to see that Quest has hired prominent SharePoint blogger, trainer, evangelist and architect Joel Oleson as a senior product manager in our SharePoint group. Joel will be working closely with Quest's SharePoint team to help set product direction and strategy for our SharePoint products, while continuing his evangelism and blogging efforts.

Seems like Joel also spent some time aboard the "good ship lollipop" where he was a senior technical product manager for IT professionals around SharePoint. He designed the first Microsoft global deployment of SharePoint, as well as the extranet and hosted SharePoint deployments at Microsoft.

Joel’s well-read blog, www.sharepointjoel.com is one of the top SharePoint IT blogs and I'll definitely add his blog to my reading list.

You all know the issues and problems related to distributed ("federated") access to SharePoint sites as it relates to identity management. I'm going to be leaning on Joel for his expertise to help me better understand SharePoint. I'm glad to see he's joined us!

Welcome, Joel!

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: