Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quest and ScriptLogic

I caught up with Dave Kearns' article on Quest's acquisition of ScriptLogic and wanted to point out that Quest did state that ScriptLogic would operate as an independent subsidiary. I think ScriptLogic has done an excellent job building their products, channel and customer base. So excellent that I wouldn't want to see us diddle with it.

Diddle =
  • start telling them what to do or how to do it
  • "meeting" them to death
  • integrating them to death
  • distracting them from their day job

I haven't even had a call with them yet...and if I can keep it that way I will...

You guys keep up the good work.

Technorati Tags:
,

3 comments:

Dave Kearns said...

I'm torn.

I, of course, love to have my stuff pointed out to potentially new readers, but the "grammar policeman" in me wants to sentence you to read "Eats Shoots and Leaves" (http://eatsshootsandleaves.com/esl.html) so you can understand correct apostrophe placement! :)

-dave kearnS

Unknown said...

My wife has the same issue with me, Dave...and she's a technical editor!

Remember, any publicity - correct grammar or not - is good publicity.

I learned this from an old hand in the business - you. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I see this week that ScriptLogic's only competition Script Start is going open source next month. This could be very interesting!

Brian