Friday, June 18, 2010

Anyone going to Gartner’s Security and Risk Summit in DC next week?

I’m actually attending this conference next week as a real attendee – not as an exhibitor. So I am really looking forward to 3 days of sessions on security. I read Neil MacDonald’s (Gartner) blog entry on the conference and was pretty pleased to see that he highlighted exactly the topics I am most interested in – and he’s presenting them:
1) Securely deploying virtualization and virtualization of security continues to be a major research area of mine and I’ll be presenting the latest research in this space, including securing “private clouds”. The session title is “Securing the Next-Generation Virtualized Data Center” and it is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon at 2:45.

2) Windows 7 is on most people’s minds, so I’ve put together an entire session that will look at the pros, cons and recommendations for each of the Windows 7 security capabilities. Some, like DirectAccess, are quite interesting so you’ll want to be sure to attend this session if you are planning on starting your Windows 7 rollout in 2010. The session title is “Planning and Deploying the Security Features of Windows 7” and it is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 9:15.

3) I’m also working with one of my colleagues, Debra Logan, on a session on SharePoint security and governance (actually expanding into other types of collaboration and social media as well). I presented on securing SharePoint last year and many of you asked us to provide more insight on governance for SharePoint so we’ve put together a workshop on this topic. This interactive workshop is titled “SharePoint, Social Software and Security“ and it is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon at 2:45.

If you’re going to be at the conference please give me a shout – it would be great to meet up! Jackson(dot)Shaw(at)Quest(dot)com – how’s that for security?!

No comments: