Friday, April 20, 2007

Simplifying IDM Seminar in Reston, VA

SimplifyingIDM

I'm just back from a week in the nation's capital. Main highlight was the "Simplifying Identity Management" seminar that we hosted with Microsoft and DeepWater Point out at Microsoft's facility in Reston, VA. I've uploaded the photos we took so just click on the picture above and you can see the album.

We had a great turnout with over 75 customers. I had two awesome presenters go on before me: Javier Vasquez from Microsoft and Scott Hastings from DeepWater Point. Both did an excellent job. I especially liked Scott's presentation because he had no slides!

Scott was formerly the CIO of the Department of Homeland Security. Scott was responsible for the implementation of the US VISIT program - you know that biometric/camera thingy that non-citizens have to go through when they arrive in the US? I have to say that I was impressed with the fact that the US VISIT program came in on budget, on time and on target with respect to what was expected of it.

Quest also hosted a cocktail reception that evening for our partners. All in all, it was a great event! I had the opportunity to visit with a number of customers while I was in the DC area. Next week I'll blog about my observations.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: