Some of the questions we discussed include:
- What are some of the unique challenges Unix/Linux organizations face with identity and management (IAM)?
- What are the options to address those challenges?
- Can you explain the idea behind Active Directory bridge products? What are the benefits and drawbacks of such products?
- What makes these AD bridge solutions different from the native tools available through OS providers and open source options?
- With such a fundamental shift in IAM strategy with an AD bridge solution, what are some of the things organizations should look out for?
- How is this different from more “traditional” solutions (such as a metadirectory and synchronization)?
- Can you give some examples of where and how AD bridge technologies are used in the real world?
- What does Quest offer for Unix/Linux IAM?