City officials lost administrative control of the network's routers and switches for more than a week after an IT worker allegedly reset passwords and refused to reveal them prior to and after his arrest on July 13.
If you would like to read about how the City of San Francisco is suffering through this right now here are some articles you may want to peruse:
- Insider threat looks large in SF
- Why San Francisco's network admin went rogue
- City of San Francisco management fails
- City Missed Steps to Avoid Network Lockout
- Latest Google news on Terry Childs, the rogue admin
identity management, privileged account management, QSFT, Quest Software