- It's a power pig. Green? I know I'm seeing red! I used to get up to 8 hours on battery life with XP and now maybe 2 hours with Vista?
- What's with the interface dimming and then going back to normal brightness? Is it telling me there's something going on with security? Whatever it is I don't like it and I don't understand why it is doing it.
- As my dear old mother would say: "It's slower than molasses in January". Runs on 2Gb? How about walks on 2Gb!
- I'm so sick and tired of the inability for this thing to remember web site passwords because "I" don't have the cookies set correctly. This typically happens with all my Google properties - coincidence?
- I'm so sick and tired of "The current web site is trying to open a site in your Trusted Sites list. Do you want to allow this?" dialog box. If I had a penny for each of these I'd be retired.
- I'm so sick and tired of the general clumsiness.
About 18 months ago when I had another one of these liminal moments with Microsoft I sold half my Microsoft stock and bought Apple. That certainly wasn't a mistake because Apple has only gone up about 70% or so (I bought at $95) and Microsoft is the same or down today as it was then.
I'm getting ready to dump the rest of my Microsoft stock. Probably on their next up-tick - whenever that might be.
Dear Readers, this will be my last post from Vista.
Microsoft, Vista, XP, Apple