Quest Software has partnered with IBM to create a validated solution that helps facilitate and improve IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) deployments to maximize efficiency, security, and compliance. This solution leverages an already-deployed Active Directory infrastructure in conjunction with ITIM. The solution enables ITIM to manage user accounts within Active Directory through Quest ActiveRoles Server via SPML 2.0 (Service Provisioning Markup Language - an Oasis International Standard).
Through this tiered approach, ITIM deployments can proceed quicker and more simply by delivering deeper ITIM-based identity administration for the Windows/AD environment. It enables a single connection to Active Directory to achieve codeless provisioning and management of Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services accounts (AD LDS, formerly ADAM), and any Active Directory-enabled application. This approach can also benefit any Unix, Linux, or Mac system as well as a number of enabled applications that have been brought into the Active Directory "trusted realm" through Quest's identity integration technologies (Vintela Authentication Services and Vintela Single Sign-on for Java), further eliminating the need to build and maintain unique ITIM connectors and manage identity individually across the wide spectrum of platforms and applications.
Benefits of the combined Quest/Tivoli solution include:
- Decreased time and cost for ITIM implementation
- Wizard-driven configuration (out-of-the-box)
- Pre-built SPML integration
- No need to build and maintain connectors to Unix, Linux, Java, and Mac operating systems
- Streamlining of on-going management because identities are managed through Active Directory and subject to rules and roles defined through Quest ActiveRoles Server
- Quest's Active Directory management and identity integration solutions are:
Easy to deploy - Codeless provisioning of Active Directory-based identity lifecycle management
- Automated account creation in Active Directory with no custom code to maintain
- Advanced/automated group management that supports segregation of duties
- Approval workflow and attestation over group memberships
QSFT, Quest Software, IBM, ActiveRoles Server, SPML, Active Directory, Microsoft, MSFT, Vintela