Friday, April 11, 2008

Mr. LDAP at Microsoft now



A month or so ago I was presenting to a group of identity and access management folks over at Microsoft and one of the folks who attended the meeting was none other than Mark Wahl. I first met Mark back in my Zoomit days. I believe, at the time, Mark was with Innosoft which was later acquired by Sun. I'm proud of having my name attached to a few patents but Mark has his name attached to a number of RFCs related to LDAP: 2253, 2247 and let's not forget 2251 - the LDAP V3 RFC!

I have to admit I was surprised to see Mark at Microsoft (he's pictured above, on the right). He told me he had joined around Thanksgiving and he was working on protocols as part of the identity team. Of course, when I heard that my immediate question was:

So you're the guy I can talk to about when and how Microsoft is going to support XACML?

Unfortunately, Mark wasn't able to give me a clear answer to that question. Anyway, it's good to see a standards person at Microsoft. I hope you get to make an impact, Mark.

Technorati Tags:
, ,


No comments: