Friday, January 05, 2007

Lunch with Karen Forster of WindowsIT Pro Magazine


I had lunch with Karen Forster of WindowsIT Pro Magazine on Thursday (Jan 4) at Lisa Dupar's Pomegranate Bistro restaurant over in Redmond. We had a great meal - I'm adding Pomegranate to my list of good restaurants over on this side of Lake Washington. You might not recognize the name Lisa Dupar but she owns a catering firm in Redmond that Microsoft uses frequently. I've had my share of Lisa's catering while I was with Microsoft so I figured her bistro would be a good bet. Nice choice, Karen!

I had the privilege of working with Karen a number of times when I was at Microsoft. Karen did a story on Group Policy back in November 2004 that I participated in along with Michael Dennis and Mark Williams. It was called "The Group Policy Product Team Hears Customers and responds to their feedback". We get together every once in a while to talk about trends in the industry, gossip about Microsoft and share a good meal.

Lots of discussion over our awesome sandwiches about the recent Desktop Standard acquisition by Microsoft, Active Directory, identity management, Active Directory Federation Services and the recent Microsoft/Novell deal. We had quite the discussion regarding the Microsoft/Novell deal. Anyone see the parallels to another Microsoft deal not to far in the past?

It will be interesting to see what turns into stories in future issues!

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: